A number of rooms have been secured, in various hotels of all categories, in close proximity to the conference venue.
Hotel rooms are reserved via the main Conference Registration Form.
Make sure to book your accommodation in time: September is high season in Athens!
Please note that not all hotels shall have all dates available. If you cannot find availability at your preferred hotel, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
DESCRIPTION OF HOTELS EAZA 2018
|Hotel||Category||Distance to MAICC||Single room BB||Double room BB|
|Crowne Plaza Hotel||5*||0.65||150,00 €||160,00 €|
|Holiday Suites Hotel||5*||0.6||140,00 €||150,00 €||Radisson Blu Park Hotel||4*||2.8||155,00 €||170,00 €|
|Stanley Hotel||4*||3.9||137,00 €||145,00 €|
|Ilisia Hotel||4*||0.75||110,00 €||120,00 €|
|Athinais Hotel||3*||0.4||85,00 €||93,00 €|
SPECIAL DISCOUNTED TRAVEL OFFER
Take advantage of our Special Discounted Travel Offer with Lufthansa Group Partner Airlines, that offers special prices and conditions to participants, visitors, exhibitors, and invited guests!
To make a reservation, please click on www.lh.com/event-flight-booking and enter the access code NLZQMKC in the “Offer for discounted flights” area. This will open an online booking platform that will automatically calculate the discount offered or provide you with an even better offer if another promotional fare is available.
TRAVELLING TO ATHENS
The easiest way to get to Athens is to fly. There are many non-stop flights to Athens from major cities in Europe, and many airlines all over the world that have connecting flights to Athens in Europe or Thessaloniki, Greece’s second city.
There are, or course, the alternative routes by train, car or ferry boats which leave from various ports of Italy like Venice, Ancona, Bari, Brindisi and Otranto as well as the train journey through the Balkan Peninsula. Visitors to Athens and Greece in general from the European Union countries and Schengen countries (Sweden, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland) do not need a visa and they can travel with their ID’s. For more information about visa requirements you should visit the local Greek Consulates and Embassies. There are offices of the Greek National Tourism Organisation in many European cities from the offices you can obtain useful information map of Greece and brochures about Greece. For US citizens, the official site of the Greek Embassy www.greekembassy.org gives lots of information and details.
The airport of Athens Eleftherios Venizelos (aia.gr) lies 17 miles north-east of Athens in Spata, and is one of the best airports in Europe. The airport serves flights to Greece daily from several international airlines from all over the world. Within the airport, there are many facilities and shops, restaurants, bars, fast food eateries, pharmacies, duty free shops, free Wi-Fi Internet, banks, ATM’s, money exchange offices, news and magazine kiosks, and everything needed to make any traveller feel comfortable.
The metro (stasy.gr) runs direct to Syntagma and Monastiraki in the city centre (change at Monastiraki for Piraeus port) and tickets cost €10. In addition, airport buses, operated by Athens Urban Transport Organisation (oasa.gr), run to and from the city. Bus X95 runs to Syntagma Square in the city centre and bus X96 runs to Pireaus port. Tickets cost €6. Taxi services are also available: there is now a fixed tariff of €38 by day or €54 by night (midnight-5am) to the city centre.
GETTING AROUND ATHENS
Athens’s city centre is a pleasure to explore on foot and most of the main attractions lie within walking distance of one another. If you decide to use the public transport system (including buses, trolley buses and the metro), you will find that it is cheap and efficient, though often crowded. Tickets cost €1.40 and are valid for 90 minutes on all forms of public transport. The new electronic tickets are sold only in metro stations, and must be validated at the beginning of your first journey – so stock up on day-long or week-long tickets at the airport! One-day tickets cost €4.50 and allow for 24 hours of unlimited travel on all forms of public transport in the city, except for those serving the airport.
Taxis, which are yellow, are plentiful and inexpensive by European standards. You can hail down a taxi in the street, or find one at a taxi rank (in most city squares). The starting fare is €1.19, then €0.68 per kilometre (daytime) or €1.19 per kilometre (midnight-5am). There is a minimum charge of €3.16 – if your journey is very short, you will still have to pay this sum.
Since the onslaught of the economic crisis, bicycles have become increasingly popular, though you need to be a confident rider to deal with the traffic chaos. Several companies now offer guided tours by bike, following the car-free pedestrian zones below the Acropolis.
Having a car in Athens city center is more of a bind than a convenience, as the roads are often congested and parking is difficult and expensive. To venture out into the countryside though, can be a pleasure! There are many car hire agencies that deliver to the airport, and even have offices inside.
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
PCO CONVIN is the official conference partner for hotel accommodation and is the only agency offering accommodation on behalf of EAZA 2018.
As the official housing agency, PCO CONVIN provides professional customer service & support for all your accommodation needs. We can secure your room in a wide range of hotels in the area of the conference venue. Early booking is highly recommended.
Participants can book their hotel room online at email@example.com
Group bookings (7 rooms or more) cannot be made online as different terms and conditions apply.
Our Group Reservation Benefits:
- We offer an ideal selection of hotels next to the conference venue and in other central locations.
- Group check-in.
- Hospitality desk at the hotel during conference dates.
- Dedicated personnel before the conference and onsite to support your stay in Athens.
- Prices include breakfast, WI-FI and taxes.
- Free shuttle service during conference’s social events.
For group bookings please contact EAZA 2018 accommodation team by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location of Hotels
Please have a look at the hotel map for more information on the location of the hotels.
HOTEL RESERVATION TERMS
- Room rates are quoted in Euro, per room, per night, including Buffet Breakfast and all applicable taxes.
- Check-in time is 14:00; check-out time is 12:00.
- Rooms are available from September 18th until September 23rd Any query for extension of dates will be handled upon request and is subject to hotels’ availability.
- Please note that a new tax will be charged for Greek accommodation units and imposed as of January 1, 2018. According to this “stayover tax”, the amount of 1,50 euros will be applied in three-star hotels, 3,00 euros in four-star hotels and 4,00 euros in 4* Superior and 5-star hotels, on top of the room rate per night. These amounts will be paid directly at the hotel by the participants.
- The official accommodation partner for the EAZA 2018 Conference is PCO-CONVIN. Any queries regarding the accommodation should be addressed only to PCO-CONVIN. Please note that hotels will not accept any changes, cancellations or payments directly except the stayover tax direct settlement mentioned above.
- No reservation will be handled without the accommodation form fully completed and accompanied by the full credit card details or bank transfer receipt for the payment (1 night deposit or full payment).
- A pre booking confirmation will be sent by email within 5 working days of the properly filled in accommodation form receipt and relevant payment.
- The final confirmation will be sent after full payment has been received.
- Bank charges are the responsibility of the payer.
- In case taxes and / or VAT change, the Organizing Secretariat reserves the right to change the rates accordingly.
- All bank charges associated with any refund will be the responsibility of the delegate.
- Please advise the Organizing Secretariat for any special requirements you may have (disabled person, specific dietary requirements, non-smoking room etc) at email@example.com
- The full payment of the room booking must be completed until July 17th 2018 to PCO-CONVIN, otherwise the Organizing Secretariat will have the right to cancel the reservation.
- Any cancellations should take place in writing (via email). The customer cannot derive any rights from a verbal cancellation.
- In case of change of the arrival date, or check-in time, please inform the Organizing Secretariat in advance, so that your reservation will not be considered as non-show. Alterations in the total days of stay will be subject to the cancellation policy hereby mentioned.
- For written cancellations received until June 15th 2018, a charge of one (1) night stay will apply.
- For any cancellation or alteration of dates (unless the alteration of dates is agreed and confirmed by PCO-CONVIN) made from June 16th until July 17th 2018, a charge of (2) nights stay will apply.
- No refunds will be made for any cancellation/non-show/early departure after July 17th
- Name changes to the room bookings should be communicated simultaneously otherwise the initial reservation will be automatically considered as cancelled.
- In case of name change until August 17th 2018, an administration charge of 20€ applies (per room).
- After August 17th 2018 no name changes will be accepted.
- For each name change you must notify the Conference Secretariat by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Liability and Insurance
- No right to further claims or waiving of fees will arise should the EAZA 2018 be obliged to alter the programming of conference proceedings.
- Delegates are encouraged to arrange their own insurance for cancellation, travel, loss of personal possessions, accident etc on their own behalf. EAZA 2018 and the Conference Organizer PCO CONVIN accept no liability.
- In the event of serious special or unforeseen circumstances or serious circumstances beyond its control, the EAZA 2018 shall be entitled to cancel or modify the dates of the event. You shall not be entitled to compensation for any costs or damages incurred as a consequence of such a cancellation or change.
Data Privacy Statement
In order for the Organizer (s) to process the present form, all the information you supply is required and it will be held in the customer data files. It may be used for marketing and communication purposes by the Organisers and their contractors only. You have the absolute right to access, amend and oppose any use of this personal data by writing to the EAZA 2018 at the address mentioned below or by using the “Contact Us” form.
You are strongly advised to be alert for unauthorized agents who may contact you directly by email or phone, offering their services. PCO CONVIN is the only authorized agency, as the officially appointed conference secretariat.